Straight pipes

tkremer

Reaction score
Anyone ever had straight pipes on a 7.3 IDI diesel...does it increase horsepower and how good does it sound?

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
My 5" stacks are behind the cab and driving easy throttle isn't to noisy. But if you stuff the pedal in the carpet, the pipes start talking back to you, and people will stop and turn around to see *** is making all that racket.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Mine is straight pipes from the turbo to 4" and then to 5" stacks, I love the sound, it is not loud at all, it sounds just right and reeving down in gear it sounds awesome :love: :love: .

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
man you guys are getting me excited, i can't wait to get my turbo'd 6.9 running and hear it barking through the 3" pipes to 4" stacks crusing down the road! ;Sweet :love: ;Really :hail

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
Wow, that 94 has one heck of alot of rap for something turboed... Still have the stock DP on there?
Mine with 3" turbo back, straight piped:
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/82f100swb/misc/?action=view&current=startrev.flv
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/82f100swb/?action=view&current=61055118.pbr

Straight piped N/A is LOUD, no 2 ways about it, if you run it out the back, you just don't hear it.... LOL
Stock down pipe. It is not that loud untill it hits 2500. I usually don't turn it anywhere near that taking off....unlees I want to show off!!!!

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
A good friend of mine had a NA7.3. He had headers and duals installed. Seemed to wake it up some, BUT with 2 1/2" duals, it was a talker.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Turbo or not makes all the difference! I have straights on the 94 and did have on the 86 but i put mufflers back on the 86 it sounded good but it was just too loud (especially when the pipe is 12" from my head!:D )

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
N/A is a WHOLE lot louder than turbo. my muffler fell off my 6.9 N/A, sounded just like a big block with no muffler but couldent rev as high. :love: loved it for a little bit but then again the sound shockwaves probubly fried a few brain cells.:D

ramon f350

Reaction score
I know your in Ky but you need to remember that if it is not turboed there are laws against straight pipes. I know that in my county the jp court will hit you for about $700.00 in fines for the non turbo straight pipe. not saying i wouldnt do it but I also have a badge that gets me a little professional courtsey