Stock Lift Pump specs

wmoguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the stock fuel pumps are rated for on our IDIs? Mainly I'm interested in GPM and at what pressure rating that rating is for.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph): 30
Maximum Pressure Range (psi): 5.75
Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph): 30
Minimum Pressure Range (psi): 4.5

according to the oem replacement at autozone part # 60278
they're all pretty close to this though.
if you want to upgrade your system,search out the carrier transicold pump here and grab one from Doug.
once you convert to electric,you'll never turn back,unless your a WMO burner of course (like your sc indicates lol),then id just stick with old trusty.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats funny the min and max numbers are the same, not much of a tolerance range to hit with flow.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the book doesnt have a gpm but it says to test the pump by hooking up a vacuum gauge the the inlet side of the pump and start the motor up and if there is less than 12 inches hg replace it

wmoguy

Reaction score
Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph): 30
Maximum Pressure Range (psi): 5.75
Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph): 30
Minimum Pressure Range (psi): 4.5

according to the oem replacement at autozone part # 60278
they're all pretty close to this though.
if you want to upgrade your system,search out the carrier transicold pump here and grab one from Doug.
once you convert to electric,you'll never turn back,unless your a WMO burner of course (like your sc indicates lol),then id just stick with old trusty.

Thx! Yea I have a Carrier pump NIB I want to sell only because I burn WMO. Reason I asked is I was wondering if this would work out well for a fuel pump with my cocktail fuels. Based on the stock pump specs it would more than flow it, in fact I'd probably have to create some sort of pressure relief valve before the IP pump.

http://turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pumps/Base-Model_Pump/Base-Model_Pump.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online