steering issues again

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys get sick of reading my problems but it aint my fault, its these crappy parts.
I replaced my power steering pump a few weeks back because of a leak, turns out it was the box, so I replaced it last week. The first box was no good, too tight. The second box semed fine for a few days but now today, It's not wanting to return properly back to center, feels like its binding up.
When I'm sitting still at idle, I have no power steering at times when trying to turn the wheel. Does this sound like a bad box, or bad pump? I'm prepared to pull both out and start over again, its not that tough of a job, just messy. Thanks

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a stuck valve in the box to me for what it's worth. How's the fluid look? Any metal or debris in the fluid? Funny sounds from the pump?

Evilgt

Reaction score
Just a thought but could you still have air in the system? I know on my various mustangs over the years that it can be a a real bear to get the system bled properly.

kyle

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a stuck valve in the box to me for what it's worth. How's the fluid look? Any metal or debris in the fluid? Funny sounds from the pump?

No wierd sounds, fluid looks fine. I'm gonna give them a call and see if they'll take both of them back.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back today and wanted to get my money back, they talked me out of it and gave me yet another box and another pump. I got it all installed and so far so good, I'll keep my fingers crossed but wont hold my breath.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:popcorn:popcorn;Poke
The crap storm you get in has to be something terrible. I can't say realyy what to do. Well heres hopeing this is going to work out this time around...:D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'ld suggest checking King Pins too while your attacking front end ensure good easy movement and no stiff points...

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:popcorn;Poke
The crap storm you get in has to be something terrible. I can't say realyy what to do. Well heres hopeing this is going to work out this time around...:D

Thanks Gary. I just got finished installing my 5th lifetime brake booster, this time was only about a 10 minute job. It gets quicker everytime.LOL

People tell me, why dont you sell that POS. I tell them, the truck isnt the problem, its the crappy replacement parts I put on it. I drive this truck every day and for a 26 year old vehicle, I think her track record is pretty good.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... Its paid for.. Insurance is cheap.. It gets great fuel mileage. So why have montly payments. Higher plate fees.. Higher insurance.. Just to drive something with more glits and glamor going down the road...:dunno Enjoy the cost savings ride and laugh at the majority of payment trucks driving past you to the dealership for a recall....:D:angel: That somehow is going to cost you something once they have you in the bays....:angel:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Well... Its paid for.. Insurance is cheap.. It gets great fuel mileage. So why have montly payments. Higher plate fees.. Higher insurance.. Just to drive something with more glits and glamor going down the road...:dunno Enjoy the cost savings ride and laugh at the majority of payment trucks driving past you to the dealership for a recall....:D:angel: That somehow is going to cost you something once they have you in the bays....:angel:

I get asked that question all the time. Its aftermarket replacement parts that are the problem. It really sucks!

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why don't you try some OEM parts from the Ford Dealership? If the first one went 1xx,*** miles, why not buy another rather than wrestle with inferior aftermarket junk?

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why don't you try some OEM parts from the Ford Dealership? If the first one went 1xx,*** miles, why not buy another rather than wrestle with inferior aftermarket junk?

Price is what makes it appealing but I guess if I'm gonna buy crap parts, I need to quit ******* about it.
By the way, I just posted a couple hours ago that I replaced booster number 5, well tomorrow its gonna get number 6. The one I installed this afternoon feels like it has no vacuum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online