Starting to stall at low idle - Injection pump?

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that the way to run diesel purge through an IP is to pull the line off the lift pump and off of the return lines and drop them both in a big jug of the stuff and let it run until it burns it all up - sound right?

Correct. I just freed up a stuck metering valve on this new truck I got by doing that with a bottle of transmission fluid. I am out of diesel kleen right now.
It won't hurt to get the diesel kleen (or whatever you use) into the ip and turn the truck off and let it sit for a half hour or so. Then plug up the lines normally and drive it.

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the other way to do this to fill the filter with diesel kleen, let it run for 15-20 seconds to fill the IP, then let it sit overnight and the next day run it hard for 10-15 minutes?

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I'll pick some up today.

When using diesel purge on my Mercedes, I run it straight through with return line back into diesel purge... your exhaust will clean up in about ten seconds.

I'd let it sit overnight too.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
This happens alot to me when switching from bio back to regular diesel. Just pour a bottle of diesel kleen your tank when you're about 1/4" full on the tank. Then just run it, will clear the metering valve up. That's easier than messing with filling the filter and all that jazz. Unless you for some reason think your filter is clogged.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Isn't the other way to do this to fill the filter with diesel kleen, let it run for 15-20 seconds to fill the IP, then let it sit overnight and the next day run it hard for 10-15 minutes?

IIRC I have read many times here that one should run the engine for 2-3 minutes (And I believe I am quoting Gary here), 15-20 seconds may do it, 1-2 minutes may be safer, just thought I would pass this along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle