Starting an IDI after Cold Storage? / My 2nd IDI

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
Hello, everyone its been a while since I have been on the boards but, I finally am getting my 93 back to together hopefully tomorrow. It has been sitting since June-cuss is there anything special I should do prior to starting it? I checked and topped off the oil and I plan on doing an oil change after I get it going and test drive it a bit. It has a half a tank of diesel that has been in it since june, I got some on me the other day and it smelled and looked like ok diesel then I dunno what bad diesel looks like.

Also I just bought my second IDI;Sweet i picked up an 1989 F-250 4x4 C6 with a 4" lift. The torque convertor bolts are sheared off on it but I will fix that asap. My question is, it has been setting w/o running since 2001, what do I need todo to it before starting it up. I was thinking fresh fuel filter full of fresh fuel and drain the fuel out of it and put some fresh diesel in it. Anything else?

Thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
if it were me I would make sure the batts have good charge and hit the key... then just top the tanks off with fresh fuel - it will burn the other stuff left in the tanks and enjoy...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
On the 89, prolly add yer favorite additive on the filter change, Powerservice, Stanadyne, etc.
Prolly wouldn't hurt to give it an oil change too.;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change all the filters first. Just in case some of the paper has deteriorated in one of them. No doubt they are over a year old, unless you just changed them before parking it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online