Starters

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Just curious-I see many starters on E-bay .A couple had lifetime warrantys,with good prices. Comments?
ALso have any of you guys had experience with nipondensos? Compared to Mittsubisi???
Thanks Mr Bill

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
My starter man says the nipondenso's are the best made starters.
I've heard good things about one of the guys on ebay, can't 'member his handle though. Someone here reported a good experience, and a good price $90.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hi Bill, I have used both of them and really can't find anything differant in either one of them. I use a small mom & pop rebuilder that gives a 12 month warranty but I've never had a reason to use it. I guess it really depends on who does the rebuilding...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I bought a new nippondenso from a diesel electric rebuilder ( all they do is rebuild diesel starters and alternators and sell new ones, and have been around forever )I went in there looking to buy a mitsu. He had both on the shelf for the same price, but he didn't want to sell me a mitsu. he told me that the nippos last way longer and he never has any problems with them.

I've been real happy with it.

--------Robert

range ridin

Reaction score
I have a step dad on one side of the family and a brother on the other side that both work at denso plants in Tennessee. Guality control is big for these guys. I'd buy a denso in a heartbeat.:thumbsup:

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Well I found a new starter on ebay (pictures as a Mittsubitsi for $89.00 copied the buy it now price (Starterman E-Bay id).Went to Autozone got a reman lifetime warranty for $89 because ot their lowest price gaurenty.Figgured even though reman I can exchange it anywhere,whereas the E-Bay stsrter might the time to ship etc.saved About $40 bucks plus my tax exemption Almost $10.00.I needed a lucky day.The car window switch faile $84.00,the walkbehind mower needs a starter rope,The rider mower needs a main seal and starter:backoff ,The case tractor need an egiine rebuild(OUCH)(we plan to tear it down next week.And the pontoon boat just needs a lot of work. So I am happy I saved $50 today.

gandalf

Reaction score
Hi Bill,

Guess it's a good thing you're retired now and have all this free time on your hands. I'll give you two weeks to clear up this batch of fixes. :D

What would we ever do if we didn't have all these time and labor saving devices to keep us busy?

The good side? This will keep you off the street corners and out of trouble.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I used my autozone Warranty today is was sOOOOO great to walk in and hand them the dead starter and they hand me a new one and I walk out.;Sweet ;Sweet :thumbsup: