Started running WMO blend

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Jred
If outside temp wasn't a problem, wouldn't running wvo be better. Or does wvo coke up rings quicker??
I thought that by processing it a person would be losing a certain amount of fuel. For example, maybe, 1 gal of wvo would equal .85 gal of bio diesel:dunno
My numbers are just pulled out of thin air, I dont know if thats the conversion.

WVO seems to have more large crap in it that needs filtered out, at least the stuff that i get. i have to say the WVO cloggs my filter station much more quickly. i am more worried about it eating my fuel lines out. now that i am into it i prefer WMO, its less hassle to process and dousent eat my lines or water content as much or creating bio crap to clog my system.

when i ran my tanks mixed i ran about 30%WMO/30%WVO/40% diesel. this was in the warm summer months and it ran fine. now i also only ran 3-4 tanks like this so it is not a long term test.

like mentioned though i was worried about eating some lines or creating tanks full of sludge.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jred,
Thats why I switched to wmo as well, a conversion process is very expensive. Not to mention having lye & methanol around for processing.

I do think wvo could be really good at cleaning out the tank, fuel system etc, but only limited usage.
Did you happen to notice was the exhaust smell any different with wvo blended in.???

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Yes the exhaust smelled like deep fryer mixed in, not really better just different.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Question on the wmo wvo blending what about going one fillup on wmo then the next fillup wvo the remains shouldn't creat gunk should it

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would just avoind mixing them without runing straight diesel thru between tanks.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Question on the wmo wvo blending what about going one fillup on wmo then the next fillup wvo the remains shouldn't creat gunk should it

you'll have a good 4-5 gallons of the previous tank mixed in with the newest batch of fuel.

I wouldn't suggest doing that at all. If you really wanted too, as previously suggested, run a FULL tank of straight dino diesel thru it between bio/wmo batches

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online