Sprinter questions

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used a deer to total my wifes Bonneville last night, so now I'm in the market for another vehicle. A good friend of mine has a 2006 Sprinter that he loves, so that is one of the vehcles that I am looking into. My budget is $10K. I'm also looking into getting a CR-V, but I'm thinking that the shorter 2500 Sprinter would be a better fit for us as a family. Problem is that I don't know hardly anything about them. I know that '06 and earlier were mostly assembled in Germany, with some final assembly here in the states. That's about all that I know. If anyone has any additional information on these, I'd love to hear about it. It looks like there are some 2002 models for sale in my area, so I guess that would be a good year to start with.

Thanks,
Mark

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about the Sprinters mechanically, but I absolutely love the 2010 Sprinter we have at work from a driving standpoint...you're sitting nice and tall, the controls are ergonomic, it has decent power, and gets good fuel economy for a vehicle its size (generally mid 20's).

I'm not sure how feasible it will be to find one for $10K, though...although FWIW I did find this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...4917636?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f09a79684

Hope this helps a bit...good luck!

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, it will be interesting to see what that one goes for. $10K is a pretty light budget for a Sprinter that is in reasonable condition. We bought a CR-V last week, so for now my searches are over. Maybe in a few more years I can look again :) That would have been an ideal set up for us, and if it was mechanically sound it would be worth the trip to TX, or more likely worth a delievery fee.