Special 6.9 7.3 Rotunda Tool Kit on Ebay

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This special tool kit is a needed item when rebuilding any idi engine. These tools make the main seal installs so much easier. The pullers will remove and install crank and cam gears easily. The seat reamer in included as is the injection pump turning tool and the wrench to loosen the nuts. Only issue is the cost. A bit of $200.00 is more likely on this kit. Its missing the fan clutch tool but its a mostly complete kit. Just look at whats offered today on ebay under the search.. 6.9 rotunda tool kit..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1443wt_734

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Then tender another offer and ask if this wont buy it please tell me what will. If you look on ebay like I suggested you will see the injection pump turning tool for over $200.00.:eek:cookoo And the seat reamer tool is nearly $300.00 new so the kit is worth the asking price but nobody pays that much for them. I have bought 2 of these kits with a few missing but not really needed parts for $140.00. I'm now guessing I got a better deal than I thought. The tools mostly used in these kits are the injection pump turning tool and the wrech to loosen those nuts. And the fan clutch wrench set. Not a big need for the other tools but need them once and not have them.. Well you sol..

Hiball

Reaction score
Then tender another offer and ask if this wont buy it please tell me what will. If you look on ebay like I suggested you will see the injection pump turning tool for over $200.00.:eek:cookoo And the seat reamer tool is nearly $300.00 new so the kit is worth the asking price but nobody pays that much for them. I have bought 2 of these kits with a few missing but not really needed parts for $140.00. I'm now guessing I got a better deal than I thought. The tools mostly used in these kits are the injection pump turning tool and the wrech to loosen those nuts. And the fan clutch wrench set. Not a big need for the other tools but need them once and not have them.. Well you sol..

I previously bought the seat reamer tool from him for like $40 bucks, the cutting face looked brand New. Since this kit included another one and after he declined my first offer I sent him a message asking what his best price for the kit (minus the reamer) and including the fan clutch wrenches that he has listed in another auction. My response was somewhat confusing..

Thank you for your interest in these items. These items are now open to make offers on. Please make offers through the provided link that is handled through a different department.

I'll resubmit a offer with a buyer message explaining that I would like the kit "without" the reamer.

Since you guys are well versed in these specialty tools, what are the definite "must haves"..? I'm assuming the seal installers are nice to have to prevent any damage, but can it be done with your typical installing tools? I have a full line of tools including many different pullers etc.. I've read that with some grinding you can make a IP wrench for the nut. I'm not against buying the correct tool for the job, I'm just trying to understand what is really required.

Thanks

Hiball

Reaction score
Well that didn't go as expected, I requested a price excluding the seat cleaner and including the fan clutch wrench and here is what I have.

Seller terms: 375 for the kit minus the seat cleaner, and 25 for the wrenches, if you take both items

+$22 shipping.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still too much, it is a newer looking kit than most though. Mine is pretty shabby looking and has no turning tool but the rest is there and it was 180ish

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I paid 225 for my complete kit. case has paint on it but everything inside it looks brand new.