SOURCE OF O.E.M. STEEL WHEELS ??

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the late seventies/early eighties, in the transition away from two-piece split-rims, SRW F-250/350 trucks came standard with some of the strongest, heaviest built, plain old steel wheels ever seen.

I think these wheels were manufactured by Firestone.

Where can these rims be purchased new ??

Thanks.

suv7734

Reaction score
Where are you at? I think I have a set somewhere in the back of the shop, and yes they were HD.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any new ones -but I have two perfectly good sets of used ones and I'd sell either set for about what you'd pay for one new rim...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic a bit, but I really like the rims that were stock on the OBS powerstrokes with the holes and all shiny like. Anybody know what a decent set of those would run? No complaints about the stock steel wheels...just not pretty...but I know nothing about them.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes that is a good question. I would like to get some bigger steel wheels just like him but in 17" or 18" so i can go a bigger tire size.

cheaperjeeper what size are those you have?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off topic a bit, but I really like the rims that were stock on the OBS powerstrokes with the holes and all shiny like. Anybody know what a decent set of those would run? No complaints about the stock steel wheels...just not pretty...but I know nothing about them.
IIRC the PSD rims are aluminum, and manufactured by Alcoa special for Ford.

I agree with you; they look very nice...I like the "ashtray" hubcaps I have on my truck now, but if I saw a set of Alcoas at a reasonable price, it'd be hard to resist.

That said, those Alcoas are typically pretty expensive, and hard to find (most people who have them, hold on to them)...I don't remember the exact price, but they generally sell for more than most aftermarket rims do.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you at? I think I have a set somewhere in the back of the shop, and yes they were HD.

I don't have any new ones -but I have two perfectly good sets of used ones and I'd sell either set for about what you'd pay for one new rim...

I am in Kentucky, plumb on the other side of the earth, about three time zones away.

I don't guess either of you will be passing through any time soon ??

Some months ago, someone posted a place that had these rims new, but I have lost it.

Thanks.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
JD you means these? If so I've only got two but when you come to NC let me know maybe we can work something out?

Attachments

• pics 149.jpg
    pics 149.jpg
    834.4 KB · Views: 4
  • pics 012.jpg
    pics 012.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 8

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
I got a set of those Alcoas sitting on in my barn with some 25% tread trailmarks. I they look pretty nice, got them for free from my friend when I gave him some rusted chrome rims with bald swampers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online