Source of NEW engine harnesses or at least connectors?

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting a plethora of Scotch Locks.:fan:
When I was fixing the trailer wiring on my truck i pulled about a dozen scotch locks off of 4 wires... all within a 1ft length... seemed like when the wire broke loose the po added a new scotch lock next to the old one. Thankfully that was the only spot they touched.

Detroit80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are lucky...I always get the ones with a bunch of wires just loosely taped together...most of which go to nothing at all, yet are cleverly hidden inside a bundle of other wires, making it exceptionally difficult to track down where they go, lol.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are lucky...I always get the ones with a bunch of wires just loosely taped together...most of which go to nothing at all, yet are cleverly hidden inside a bundle of other wires, making it exceptionally difficult to track down where they go, lol.

But of course! Why would someone leave a mess out in the open, where's the fun in a treasure hunt with an obvious end? :frustrate

I absolutely hate fixing wiring!

Detroit80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh, not that big of a deal to me. Low voltage wiring is part of my career, and dealing with a couple dozen relatively large gauge wires is a heck of a lot easier than sorting through a few hundred 24 gauge wires that all appear to be the same color because our purchasing department cheaped out again, lol.

Though I usually find it far easier just to rip out _all_ of the old stuff, and start fresh again..which, realistically, I SHOULD be doing on this truck too, but I already have 3 other major project vehicles I'm trying to get finished, and don't really want to start in on a 4th, lol.

Mattdiesel

Reaction score
You may want to try Pacific Supply.com. They make engine looms for the 7.3 IDI and have the capability to make a new harness for the engine compartment. Great service, great people.

Detroit80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to try Pacific Supply.com. They make engine looms for the 7.3 IDI and have the capability to make a new harness for the engine compartment. Great service, great people.

Do you mean http://pacsupplyco.com/ ? pacific supply.com relayed to some building supply company, lol. Closest thing I found on pacsupply though was the international4700 parts page, and they only listed glow plug harneses...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online