Source for primer pumps?

Eric Ditwiler

Reaction score
My 1984 6.9 has an electric fuel pump in line to prime the system after changing filters or getting air intrusion from sitting too long. I have owned the truck for 25 years and have put several in after the first died a dozen or so years in. Each new one last less long than the previous and now I can only find pumps for 5/16 inch fuel line. Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable quality electric primer pump for 3/8 inch hose?

Or should I go with a hand-pumper?

Thanks!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one on e-bay.

I did a Google search for Diesel Hand primer pump. and that is one that came up I picked.
here is the search.

The one I posted, has the old style pump that has to be unscrewed, pops up and you push it. They are known to leak eventually. The Bosch one our MB`s use fits right on. Just push it, nothing to unscrew..

Aren`t you on Peach Parts?....

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought so, I signed up when it was mercedesshop.com, got around 9K posts as I remember. Some guy PO`d me and I just stop posting.
Iam Charmalu over there.
80 240 is our baby, in shop jacked up with all new German parts to install.
Have 7 of them that followed me home.

I was at PNP a few years back in Carson City, and there was an 85 6.9 4-spd. Got the 4-spd, Bell Housing, Inst. Cluster and a few other things.

The guy installed a Racor FG500 Water/Fuel separator. Made a bracket/plate and mounted it to the 2 big holes in the Fender by the Drivers side Hood Hinge. Also had a Manual Primer Pump mounted to it.

Bought a Gasket/O Ring kit, took the Racor apart and replaced everything. Replaced the rubber hose that went to the original Factory water separator and ran these to the Racor.
Iam using a 2 micron filter.

On the 240D, Iam using the smaller FG200 filter and a 2 micron. Amazing the crud it catches.

Goat

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online