Source for 1 or 2 micron water filter cartridges?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I found some Culligans with no carbon blocks at .5 micron at my hardware store that will fit my household standard filter housing, but they're 32.00 simoleans a piece.

Does anyone have a source for 1 or 2 micron filters for household water systems? Best I can get to is 5 microns for about 2.85ea - I'm sure 5 microns is enough, but I want to try 1 or 2 microns for a while see what I think.

Eventually I'm going to spring for a centrifuge and be done with the whole disposable filter thing. Except the Goldenrods of course.

bcool

Reaction score
There's somewhere cheaper than that too. Is this a replacement for a dirty one? I'd like to know how long i can expect these suckers to last

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Not a replacement for dirty ones, first time set up.

I will be doing jean filtration, 20m/5m/1m/Goldenrod probably overkill - but hey what the heck. I get my oil from a collection area and I eyeball it as best possible for dirty stuff, but I'll need to rely on filtering to clean it up.

I have a few folks that will gladly give me 55 gallon drums full of "known" wmo - but they're an hour away and I'm just getting started so I figured I'd start small for now and get the wmo for a local until I'm ready to go big time :)

I'll have my filtration rig up this week and attempt 50/50, then 85/15, then 100% starting and stopping on pure #2.

There's somewhere cheaper than that too. Is this a replacement for a dirty one? I'd like to know how long i can expect these suckers to last

SuperDuty335

Reaction score
Do you guys think the filtration system for water as advertised in the above link is sufficient for WMO? It appears to be simpler and easier to deal with than plumbing up a bunch of oil filter and fuel filter canisters of the same or larger micron ratings. I am piecing together my barrels so the filtration setup will be next. ;Really Thanks

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have 2 micron filters at lowes, they are the carbon ones. 11 bucks for 2 of them. i think the item number is 149013 or something like that.