SON OF A B***H

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i was un bolting my torque converter and i stripped one of the damn nuts-cuss any ideas on how to get it out its tight as hell down there already! and i really dont think burning it off is a good idea even tho its a **** converter!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snap on socket or a good quality one and then sand down the chamfer to get full engagement.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you just round off the nut or strip out the threads? If it's just rounded off I usually use a cold chisel and a hammer.:backoff :D

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size did you use? A good quality 6 point socket should get off anything thats not totally rounded off.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i used the right size! its a 9/16ths socket i was usein all the others came off great. but the last ones all ways a *****! im probly goin to chisel it off if i cant get it off tomarrow!

greasemonky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I have used these on a rounded converter bolt before, alone with other rounded bolts. They work great. I bought them at my local parts house.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I have used these on a rounded converter bolt before, alone with other rounded bolts. They work great. I bought them at my local parts house.

I have several sets of those in snapon and mac flavors. Bought the first set years ago when a convertor bolt rounded off in an explorer. I drove the socket on with a hammer and then used a 1/2 inch ratchet to break it loose and then back it off. They are worth their weight in gold in my opinion.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I have a plasma cutter for such instances. If i were closer I would help you out ...

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
carbide blade for a reciprocating saw and just cut the flexplate and buy a new one or junk yard they are cheap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online