Sometimes it's right infront of you.

jbuck

Reaction score
89 F-350 would not start. Started with new lift pump now have fuel to fuel filter. Bleed all the air out of fuel filter, cracked injectors truck ran for 2 minutes and then died, no start. Air bubble in fuel filter due to air intrusion and dirty filter. Replaced filter and new o-ring in filter head for heater plug. Truck ran for two minutes then died no start. New filter leaking at the bottom bowl (water Drain) Replaced filter with unit that has built in drain, no leaks. Discovered that fuel return lines were dry rotted. Went to Auto Zone and ordered kit $51.00 bucks, sorry Rus needed it in a hurry. Installed new return lines. Truck started up and ran perfect for 5 minutes while we were inside enjoying well deserved a cold beer. Through the window i could here the truck rev up and die. *** as the dog ran under the couch and the kids suddenly remembered choirs that needed done. I have heard that specific rev before on my diesel tractor and other trucks i have owned. Of course that would never happen to my wife or any other female because they never run the tank(s) that low. You guessed it I forgot to check the fuel gauge and it ran out of diesel. after some air bleeding see fired up and runs perfect.:thumbsup:

jbuck

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank all of you that posted solutions for air intrusion issues. After some reading and searching the site i was able to troubleshoot and repair all the problems that were affecting the no start issues. The PO could not repair this truck and ended up selling it to me. This is a 1989 F350(actually F450) dump truck, new tires, PTO, 5 speed, with 69000 miles that we picked up for $1400 so we are feeling mighty happy right now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Don't you just love the feeling when you figure out the problem is a simple overlooked thing...:sly It happens to many of us.. I just think some are way too imbarrassed to post it here. Sounds like you got a good deal on the truck too...:thumbsup:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
that aint billy bob. thats mel..... mel's voice is almost a dead ringer for Karl.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online