Something is clunking/slamming every time I let off the gas. ***?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lug nuts on backwards? Your helper must be one hell'va mechanic. Thats a penalty, make one lap thru the drive-in for a twelve pack.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Lug nuts on backwards? Your helper must be one hell'va mechanic.

I had one of my customers cars come back from Sam's Club after getting a new set of tires with the lug nuts on all 4 wheels on backwards... and overtorqued by about 100-150 ft lbs each, on a european car with rotors and hubs that are VERY sensitive to such things. After figuring up the damage we sent them a bill. Obviously it wasn't the first time because not long after that they were forced into a policy from the head office where all wheels were allowed to be taken off and started back on by the tire tech, but the manager had to finish them off first with a gun with a torque stick, then finish torquing by hand with a clicker hand torque wrench.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.. Thats a damn shame. Why would someone not recognise the bevel on the nut and the wheel. Many times when this has happened the wheel is ruined so watch it closely for loosening up on you. My wifeys Jaguar was fool proof when it came to lug nute. I removed a wheel to do brake pads once and noticed the lug nut had the taper facing out and not in to the rim.. I thought what a jerk has done here.. Nope.. Those nuts were tapered on both sides...:eek::angel: No way t install them wrong.. I have no idea why they would cut the nuts that way unless there was an issue of someone "over there" doing this wrong too many times....:dunno:angel:

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.. Thats a damn shame. Why would someone not recognise the bevel on the nut and the wheel. Many times when this has happened the wheel is ruined so watch it closely for loosening up on you. My wifeys Jaguar was fool proof when it came to lug nute. I removed a wheel to do brake pads once and noticed the lug nut had the taper facing out and not in to the rim.. I thought what a jerk has done here.. Nope.. Those nuts were tapered on both sides...:eek::angel: No way t install them wrong.. I have no idea why they would cut the nuts that way unless there was an issue of someone "over there" doing this wrong too many times....:dunno:angel:

Because they will hire idiots:dunno

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score
at least you found out before the tire passed you on the freeway... and then you look like this...
You must be registered for see images attach