Some things are just my luck

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Well, I spent today working on my '85 F250. I got a few things accomplished, but not nearly enough. It's hard to find the motivation when things keep piling up. Here's what happened so far:

1. My tach dash was actually a plug and play installation!! The truck's wiring harness had the tach pickup already pre-wired, and all the wires on the connector to the dash matched the one I got with the tach dash. Put a tach sender in the IP housing, plugged in my tach dash, and ta-da... everything worked. ;Sweet
2. I took out a horrible-looking push button starter. I just don't like them at all. I had to bypass the neutral safety switch to do it, but it actually starts through the ignition now like it's supposed to.
3. My glow plugs aren't working. I'm in the middle of wiring in a 7.3 style, but don't think I got everything right. :mad:
4. My front brakes are shot. :mad: -cuss The front driver's side is frozen shut and clamped on to the rotor pretty good. And, the seals are blown out in it. So that's $150 that I wasn't expecting to have to pay to fix this truck.
5. My power steering pump isn't working. I can see the fluid moving inside it when the truck is running, but it's not actually doing anything. Hurray for crappy junkyard parts. :mad:
6. All things said, the truck actually starts and runs pretty damned nice for what it's been through.

I still don't have a new driver's side door, or hood, or grille for it. The junkyard around here thinks it's stuff is made from gold or something. And, my wife is starting to get that "Is it close to being done yet?" look on her face. She hasn't voiced it yet, but I know it's a thought in the back of her mind. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online