Some 6.0 Questions. Looking locally

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I've found an 05 with 38,000 on the clicker. I lifted the hood before driving it around & found alot of oil residue on the underside of the IC pipes up on top of the motor & all around the center top area of the motor, caked on around those 2 caps behind the fan shroud (where the fuel filter is on the 7.3). Kinda looks like some spilled oil while filling & didn't clean it up. Mixed with road dirt & the like so it isn't "wet" but it's there. I drove it around & it seems to run & shift smoothly. Boost under normal driving stays around 18-20psi & the turbo coming in right away. No weird noises & rides nice.

The oil has me wondering & the fact that it's an 05 with 38,000 that someone traded for a Nissan Titan is bothersome. Did they trade it because it's a **** or just too big for them? Who knows.... Anyway, what should I be looking for or checking on any 6.0 I may look at? This isn't my dream truck but it would be a step up I could live with if the price is right. Any thoughts on the existing oil res. or other things to check for tell tale problems?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Kinda what I figured. Just wanted to run it by the fellers here. But what should I be looking for around the motor as signs of problems?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Scott I can't help with the 6.0's, but ask the dealer for the previous owners phone number. When I bought my IDI I got the PO's number and got lots of info on the truck before I got it. Might be a shot in the dark, but worth a try.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the VIN to the dealership and run an OASIS and see if there is still warrenty on the engine. That should help narrow down if it's been a **** throughout it's life. 38k isn't very many miles, would make me think the PO just used it to ride around town and go to work.

As for where the oil's coming from I don't have a clue. Might want to post this over on the sister site where there are a lot more 6.0 owners.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Take the VIN to the dealership and run an OASIS and see if there is still warrenty on the engine. That should help narrow down if it's been a **** throughout it's life. 38k isn't very many miles, would make me think the PO just used it to ride around town and go to work.

As for where the oil's coming from I don't have a clue. Might want to post this over on the sister site where there are a lot more 6.0 owners.

I'm not sure it will even get that far with this truck. Oil issues aside, it has a few cosmetic issues I don't think the dealer will pony up for: front bumper is pushed in some between the fog lights, tailgate has a medium size dent, one front wheel & centercap has some curb rash, & a broken blinker on the side of the drivers mirror. This why I wonder if it was just too big for the PO. Looks like "poor position judgement" damage. The blinker would be an inspection issue here in MD but the rest, who knows. Plus I need to try to sell the 03 without losing my ass first.

Scott I can't help with the 6.0's, but ask the dealer for the previous owners phone number. When I bought my IDI I got the PO's number and got lots of info on the truck before I got it. Might be a shot in the dark, but worth a try.

They have that info because they told me what it was traded in on. If this goes any further I'll do that. I've done that in the past as well. People are usually straight up because it's not theirs anymore.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
It had to be just a DD grocery getter if a Nissan Titan would do the job for them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online