So what did you do with your truck today?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
What or how...do you mean blew rearejd out?

What is happening that you are puking diffs?

Well you see the first time I broke the pin that goes threw the spider gear pin. This time it was icy and I think spinning and grabbing traction with my new tires that actually have tread is what did it it pulled the pin out and let the spider gear pin fall out.
You must be registered for see images attach
and your correct I can't keep it outta the mud I mean I had to test my tires lol. But today I didn't do nothin but slide the spiders and ring gear back in and Tommorrow imma finish it up.but I did build a badass sub box with my buddy for my powerstroke
and hopefully I'll get the rear end fixed in it soon
pinion bearing went out and I may have went alittle to deep in the mud
those are 315's. I have came to the conclusion im stayin outta the mud im tired of breaking my trucks.luckily I've got a ring gear an pinion outta a 85 with the same gears so I should have it fixed soon

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

joel1847

Reaction score
Oh it has a oring. Pull it off and look in the end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I will pull those off probably Sat. I finally got my new fuel filters in to go with my new wix filter head and Goldenrod water separator so that will go in tomorrow. I'll take some pics when it goes in.

Joel
norcal

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Use some blue loctite on the threads of that pin. Looks like you may need some new seals and to extend you breathers! I see a oily chunk of ice there.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Use some blue loctite on the threads of that pin. Looks like you may need some new seals and to extend you breathers! I see a oily chunk of ice there.

Oil ice and mud actually lol but Ya we loctited it this time lol but it pulled the treads out it didn't back out

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I got mine stuck in the mud (yesterday) and was too angry to get pictures.

Backed it out of the barn/garage I finally limped it to so I could put away my grandparents x-mas decor and the ground in front of the concrete apron thawed so much with an hour that when I tried to turn towards the door, my driver's front dug in and the rear spun free. Pulled it back with their truck (98 F150 4x4 with all-season/highway tires...) and tried again. Just buried it. Then my grandfather refused to let me get his truck out of the mud and dug 10" ruts and splattered me with mud. I was going to work on the truck this upcoming week but it's suppose to be above freezing all week so the ground won't harden enough to move it back into the garage.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
83, replace seals and get your vents up high to top of bed and by the brake booster. Put a U loop pointing down a bit at the end. Brings me back to when I used to be out in the woods every weekend, and changing gear oil every Sunday afternoon or fixing whatever I broke. Worst was spending the night in the woods, in the winter, when I got stuck so bad I thought the truck was staying there. Didn't dare shut it off with mud well above the exhaust, at least we had heat, took a deuce to get me out but he didn't come until morning. Fun times.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove to US sent 3 parcels to OB members...

Picked up the power steering fluid cure and some battery terminal coating that waz highly recomended...post nakes later.

Got cheap fuel came home.

Really want get some things done on big blue ox and soon

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score
Destroyed my front u joint, managed to coast into a parking lot. I'll get the rollback from work tomorrow morning and drag her into the shop. Made a hell of a noise :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online