So what did you do with your truck today?

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added fog lights and running board lights and gave him a bath..

You must be registered for see images attach

Finished wiring my new in cab lights for the floor in the back seat and under the dash to the ash tray bulb. The bulbs are ultra dim LED so they can be on during night time driving and not be distracting.

Got my new head unit in as well and all speakers wired up. Good day.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Melted the last mile of cable I neglected to replace last winter. Meant to do it in the warm weather but such is life. Been cranking more lately with a weak pump and this morning the junky lug melted in half. Picked up some 3/0 today, time to finish the job.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Tidied up some of the smaller wiring too. Still need a little more pruning and organizing but it's much better.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tidied up some of the smaller wiring too. Still need a little more pruning and organizing but it's much better.

Is that a framing square used for a battery hold down???

johnathan88

Reaction score
Run a line off the fuel pump to make my truck run and figure out where the problem is and changed the fuel filter

1993 ford f-350

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Is that a framing square used for a battery hold down???

Not just any framing square, it has a motorcycle tire tube glued to the bottom to ensure a smooth and dampened clamping force. Also comes in handy for measuring those precisely made 4ga cables I hoped someone would notice. LOL

Also drove the truck tonight and when hammering down to get on the highway it spit out the block heater, huge plume of something that didn't look like exhaust Limped a mile or two to next exit and first parts store I found, a Pep Boys that had absolutely nothing useful in stock. Had a nice little run a couple miles on my bum knee to the nearest NAPA before they closed to get a rubber plug. I learned I can run, but only for short distances, and also that my knee is not healed nearly as much as I had thought. Also broke in a new pair of boots I got last night, they feel great now. I'll call it a win and a twofer, hurting now but I managed to pull the mangled block heater and replaced with rubber plug on a hot engine with only a few random tools from PO behind the seat. I must say thanks to Pep Boys and manager Sean, while lacking parts in stock, he hooked me up with enough antifreeze to not freeze tonight and a hose to fill the bone dry radiator.

Last edited:

joel1847

Reaction score
Yesterday I did an oil change to 5w40 Mobil Synthetic. I was able to get the oil on sale and with some of that Autozone pseudo cash they give you, I got the oil change for like 40 bucks. Did find out that the BHOF (Donaldson dbl 7405) DID NOT fit on my truck. I have a 7.3 IDI NA with the independent front end. The filter interferes with the front axle crossmember and the oil pan. Sooo, I went back to autozone to get another filter and all they had was the new Rotella filter which is a replacement for the FL 1995. so I'll run that for awhile and break loose any junk inside the engine and then switch the filter over to the Mobil 1 601 filter a little later in the month.

Today, I put in a manual pushbutton for the glowplug controller. Truck is much happier now. :)

Joel
norcal

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Moose pump and misters installed. First impressions... Freakin' awesome! Feels like the other half of the engine is working now.

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a 500 mile round trip to pick up a "new to me" used camper trailer. 5000 lbs and the truck did great, only had to shift down to 3rd & go 45 on a couple of big hills. Burned 50 gallons of vegetable oil to do it though, glad I didn't have to buy diesel!

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moose pump and misters installed. First impressions... Freakin' awesome! Feels like the other half of the engine is working now.

nice.;Sweet that moose really wakes things up a touch doesn't it?;Really

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Removed Fan and Shroud

Pulled the fan and shroud out of the Red 1997. I don't think I need it. It is -20 C here. Trying to see if I can pick up a mileage improvement. Went out to the farm (365 km) and used the same amount of fuel that I normally use. But I'm comparing summer mileage to winter mileage. :dunno

Attachments

• IMG_5588.jpg
    IMG_5588.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 54

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you did something that made your engine get the same fuel economy in the winter that you did in the summer,then you gained 1-2 mpg.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726