So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv been running around like a chicken with its head cutoff trying to get my truck running. I lost the front half of the drive shaft that came with the truck and was not able to find a good used one. Found one that the rear half was bent and yoke cut off front for $20, ran that to a drive shaft shop with what I had. Call them up to find out how it was going and found that they could not get the slip yoke apart. So back to the yard today to get another but there is no hole valid front shaft. Yes I know this now going to cost more for a new shaft section but is all I could come up with. Told the yard it was just a carrier bearing, so $5 more in parts. If resize and balance was $200 for the bmw, dont think will like the new cost.

:bail

You must be registered for see images attach

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was definitely a day that I wish we would have just taken my truck. My girlfriend and I were in the drive through to get some food and the guy next to us rammed into her car. The poor mustang was pristine and was only driven by her grandfather. It never once has given us any trouble. Because it’s got 175k on it we’re not sure if the insurance will total it or not. Really a crappy day to be honest, she really loves that car :(

jericho

Reaction score
Today was definitely a day that I wish we would have just taken my truck. My girlfriend and I were in the drive through to get some food and the guy next to us rammed into her car. The poor mustang was pristine and was only driven by her grandfather. It never once has given us any trouble. Because it’s got 175k on it we’re not sure if the insurance will total it or not. Really a crappy day to be honest, she really loves that car :(

That sucks! Nice color too.

jericho

Reaction score
Well, since last Wednesday my truck's been busy. Hauled 7.5k trailer to SW Va.
and back, 1300 miles rt. Truck ran great. BUT..
200 miles from home headlights went out, at sun down, of course! Luckily the hi-beam flasher is on different circuit so went the rest of the trip, thru NYC holding the hi-beam flasher the whole way lol.
After taking out the headlight switch and testing it, sure enough, it was bad , so ordered a new one and socket. 27 years isn't bad for an electrical switch.Ordered new headlight lenses and bulbs too. I'll do the relay mod when I have more time. If someone sells a ready-made kit I'd be interested..

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since last Wednesday my truck's been busy. Hauled 7.5k trailer to SW Va.
and back, 1300 miles rt. Truck ran great. BUT..
200 miles from home headlights went out, at sun down, of course! Luckily the hi-beam flasher is on different circuit so went the rest of the trip, thru NYC holding the hi-beam flasher the whole way lol.
After taking out the headlight switch and testing it, sure enough, it was bad , so ordered a new one and socket. 27 years isn't bad for an electrical switch.Ordered new headlight lenses and bulbs too. I'll do the relay mod when I have more time. If someone sells a ready-made kit I'd be interested..

I believe LMC has a ready made light relay kit.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the right style of fuel filter for a 91 truck filter head?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My batterys have been evicted from the engine bay and today I got around to give them a path to eject there
angry pixies.

Last edited:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
img_7898-jpg.132334

Think that is right for the 7.3 filter head and do you have a part number?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tracked down a fuel leak to the fuel heater. i bought the plug and the tap and i tapped it straight and the plug will not thread in, i will try a different plug next. the filter for my truck is a Napa 3617 not a 3417. 3617 has 10 holes in the top and 3417 has 6 holes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Staff online