so i hopped on lmc and found this...

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, my bad, apparently i missed that thread, i tried to search and see if there was anything like that before i posted this, guess i didn't search well enough

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devoted thread worthy anyway.Gunna try one and let us know how they are?

You must be registered for see images attach

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just might, except for one problem, my upcoming project is an 89, so I'm not sure i can use that support, but if it would work with just a bit of coercing id be happy to do that, I'm not opposed to customizing a part to make it fit as long as its not super crazy

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or i could try to find an obs truck to steal the nose from, i like that nose better anyway then i could use that, I'm sure whatever truck i steal the nose from the core support would be toast anyway

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
For those don't know......

Core supports are body style dependent..... just like the pedal boxes.....

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those don't know......

Core supports are body style dependent..... just like the pedal boxes.....

are they 100% incompatible, or can they be made to work?

also i just actually just learned that about the pedals today, trying to find brake and clutch pedals for a buddy's 93

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure about make them work, but they are not bolt-on compatible......

I know when members have done a "face lift" such as @towcat, everything gets swapped, bumper, core support, fenders, hood, lights, grille, and cowl.........

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did see it, was just looking for clarification, will nothing bolt up, or just certain things not bolt up?
K just wanted to make sure. I could be wrong about this... But I believe pretty much the only thing that is going to bolt up would be where the support actually bolts in... Other than that you're looking at majority of stuff changing over to the OBS (which is better anyway [emoji41]) but a big plus if you do go that route is that you'll get to use the tall skinny radiator instead of the short fat!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it would bolt in to the fenders and be in place just fine, but the headlights and stuff wont work, ok maybe i will look at my dads truck so i can see how the headlights bolt in(his is OBS) i am curious if i could modify that to accept the brick headlights.

my truck already has the tall skinny radiator but my core support wont survive being pulled from the truck again, and the winter project is converting a 460 truck thats identical to mine but in much better shape to diesel so i have to figure something out for a core support, i think i will start looking for an OBS truck for cheap that has a decent front clip on it to put on the project truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online