So cal 7.3 idi and zf5

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got dropped at the San Bernardino pick a part this morning. Unfortunately an injector and ip is missing but it was marked as a drive In so it ran. Clutch felt good and the shifter went through all the gears without slop. If I didn't have my brand new e40od I'd be all over it! Also had two aluminum dually wheels in the bed

You must be registered for see images attach

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
considering P-N-P payout prices are at an all time low, it's sad to see a truck like that at the yards.
That's what I thought. I couldn't believe a running diesel 5 speed got sold to them. Even the utility box was in great shape. I was at the Ontario pick a part and they had a great condition 6.0 excursion. Not wrecked and I thought how would that end up here?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. I couldn't believe a running diesel 5 speed got sold to them. Even the utility box was in great shape. I was at the Ontario pick a part and they had a great condition 6.0 excursion. Not wrecked and I thought how would that end up here?
if you have ever heard the stories of extreme frustration over 6.0 issues, you'd understand.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you on that, I really wish someone would pull the motor on this. I really want that trans but have no desire to be out there in 100 degree heat doing it

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take a ride up to the bay area, I got a 2wd ZF for ya