Smoked out of my own truck

mejonz

Reaction score
yea the desantas family was the big land owners when I was up there but things change they owned land everywhere up there my grandfathers property has acually all that property on top had been divided up last time I was there.when I first lived there there was only 3 houses.the last time I was there was 1984 there was 10 houses up there probly even more now

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, theres a bunch of houses up here now. Well man, its getting really late, so I'm gonna get off now. Have a good one.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
My bet is on leaves burnin up from the blower resistors too. '80-'96s have a bad habit of that, but the good news is you can score a whole unit depending on what burned from any '80-'96 Fseries or Bronco from a junkyard. AC or non of course.

Adrianspeeder

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well I took the fan out, and I dont know what to think. The fan looks fine, and works fine. There were some leaves to the right of the fan (towards the drivers side), but they werent anywhere near the fan, though they were tightly packed back up there. The burnt smell is quite strong where the fan was, so I'm kinda like ***. The leaves didnt really look blackened, or charred, just dry old leaves.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well by all means get the leaves out. Burnt looking or not, that's probably your problem. The resistor pack is probably poluted. Does it still smoke with the fan on high? The resistors are not used with the switch full on.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I found the resistor pack back up in there, and it was packed with leaves. So I pulled out the resistor and cleaned up all of the leaves. Hopefully it wont happen to me again....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what gives you your different fan speeds.