Slave Cylinder time?

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning when I got in my truck I only had a little bit of pedal near the floor. The truck would still shift fine but it didn't feel normal. After 5-10 min of driving and shifting I got my normal pedal back, about 3in before I feel the clutch start to disengage. Ill have to see if it does it again tomorrow morning. Didn't do it at lunch.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it again this morning. I found the clutch master cylinder, fluid is full. Is this a common symptom? I looked at the slave, looks like it could be a pita. Advance stocks them for $55. Just want to get some knowledge before I drop 55 bones. The master is $77. This morning it was a little bit harder to shift so I think its getting worse. I really hope I dont have a clutch issue.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your TOB is galling on the input shaft, or your firewall is cracked. Read the Drivetrain section of our FAQ Here.

rip van sparky

Reaction score
what he said^^^^ mine did the same thing, I just brazed it up and filed it down for a tight fit since I didn't have a heim joint. good as new, how long till it wears away? anybodys guess.