Singe wheel to dually

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arent the axles from a single and dually different??... i got a friend who wants a single wheel truck...and hes got a dually....now what would be differnt.... :Thumbs Up

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it a cab/chassis dually or is it a true factory pickup dually?a pickup duallies rear axle is about 6 inches wider than a single wheel.plus the spindles and rotors are different between all duallies and single wheels trucks

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddys truck was a single wheel....then he converted it to a dually...now he wants to go back.....im not sure what he did with his rear axle....he might of used spacers....but i dont think he changed it....he also has a dana 60 up front but im not sure if he's running dually rims up front or not....I just know that when he changes it I could get it for cheap....and I like things that are different....a single cab dually with a dana 60 and 4" lift....now you dont see that everyday...I just dont know what I wanna do about my rims....He has chrome covers for his...they look pretty bad....I was thinking of adapting the newer style 5 spoke dually rims to my truck....if I gotta run spacers why not make them fit the newer style rims....