Sidewinder turbo kit

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The worst thing about buying used is that you may have to have the turbo rebuilt. If you're ready for that, then buy it. That kit looks fairly complete and the turbo may be fine.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can, there should be a block-off plate where the CDR valve goes on a N/A motor. Also, look for a "spacer" that bolts to the front of the IP gear housing, where that little 2-bolt plate sits on a N/A motor(where you access the 3 bolts to remove the IP).

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good price if the turbo is good. If it's not, imho, you'd be better off buying a ATS system with a freshly rebuilt and upgraded 093 from Russ, typ4 here on OB. He includes many new parts with the "used" kits he sells.

On another note, do you need to replace the exhaust manifolds with the Banks system? Or is it just that the seller doesn't know better?

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good price if the turbo is good. If it's not, imho, you'd be better off buying a ATS system with a freshly rebuilt and upgraded 093 from Russ, typ4 here on OB. He includes many new parts with the "used" kits he sells.

On another note, do you need to replace the exhaust manifolds with the Banks system? Or is it just that the seller doesn't know better?

No you do not have to replace them. Guy probably parted the engine and threw them on the pile.

VanisT

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to put that idea on the back burner, though it would be nice to have a little more power when pulling my horse trailer. But first I got to track down why I lost power to my lift pump solenoid. So I'm going to work on tracking that problem down and get it back up and running first.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No need to replace any exhaust manifolds on out trucks.Even the passenger side manifold is the same from vans to trucks but.. the van drivers side manifold is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online