short notice IDI get-together....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morrow evening around 7pm. Santa Clara shop location. PM me for addy, or call me. I will supply burger meat, buns and condiments for burgers. Bring side dish that others will wanna eat. Tanker Tom and family will be showing up. "Alameda"/chris from STD(the ubber site) will bring beer. Open to all diesels but IDI diesels(of any make) are encouraged. Your own lawn chairs are highly suggested too.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I to understand you're having an IDI get together?

Hey, you were supposed to get back to me regarding some work on my truck.

Seriously, though... my wife and I are planning an afternoon out tomorrow. Might be able to attend... not sure. Saturday would be much better.

Mike

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
:( I got the day off tomorrow and everything... just a little to far away for me though. Have a beer or two for me guys.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a pretty busy week and wanted to decompress a little with gearheads who like their rides. Bring the truck by and maybe you'll get dumb and bewildered looks free of charge :D Still working on the quote. BTW the parts house I trade with has SCA precharged coolant on the ground in a 6gal quantity. You know....you ask the questions here too rather than just at STD exclusively. ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wwwabbit said:
:( I got the day off tomorrow and everything... just a little to far away for me though. Have a beer or two for me guys.
I did Vancouver BC in a day and a half cookoo hit the road, I'll keep a beer on ice for you :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, I'll add my name to the large list of those who would like to come but won't. cookoo ;p

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
I've had a pretty busy week and wanted to decompress a little with gearheads who like their rides. Bring the truck by and maybe you'll get dumb and bewildered looks free of charge :D Still working on the quote. BTW the parts house I trade with has SCA precharged coolant on the ground in a 6gal quantity. You know....you ask the questions here too rather than just at STD exclusively. ;Sweet

Yeah... I should post more here. I dunno why I frequent TDS... It is a good site, but there's more love here IMHO.

Any chance you could push it off til Saturday? Huh? Lots better chance we'll make it then.

At any rate, please PM me directions if you get this... or I'll try calling later this afternoon.

Thank you,

Mike

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Yeah... I should post more here. I dunno why I frequent TDS... It is a good site, but there's more love here IMHO.

Any chance you could push it off til Saturday? Huh? Lots better chance we'll make it then.

At any rate, please PM me directions if you get this... or I'll try calling later this afternoon.

Thank you,

Mike
mike-
friday nite is already set.
It was arrived by consensus by those who will already be showing up. Like the bar-b-que a few years back, there are quite a few guys who wasn't registered members on either site who showed up. Unlike the more computer driven jobs, the automotive world is catching up on casual computer use and most of the guys who play with cars/trucks don't like the internet let alone registering on a website. GGG section is a big help in opening their eyes on what you can see on the net tho. ;Sweet
If you can make it tonite....great...many of the little problems you have going can be easily solved by the group here. No cooling system flushes tho or major teardowns too.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Well, that was last minute notice! I promised the old lady I'd take her out to dinner on friday night, so she made reservations...gonna have to miss this one!

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
towcat said:
I did Vancouver BC in a day and a half cookoo hit the road, I'll keep a beer on ice for you :D
Getting there would be no problems if I left last night... getting back for work at 7am sat morning would suck :rolleyes:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
Well, that was last minute notice! I promised the old lady I'd take her out to dinner on friday night, so she made reservations...gonna have to miss this one!
Gonna have to save this quote.......next time you go telling everybody on who wear the pants in your relationship, I'm gonna have to pull this one out of the dead to remind you of the truth :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
towcat said:
Gonna have to save this quote.......next time you go telling everybody on who wear the pants in your relationship, I'm gonna have to pull this one out of the dead to remind you of the truth :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

yeah, but if I let her wear the pants for a little bit, give her the warm fuzzy, then I get to take em off later.... :Sly

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aww man! Hopefully there'll be another one soon...I just got to southern California for the weekend. OTOH, when I get home on Sunday, I may have a new acquisition...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
yeah, but if I let her wear the pants for a little bit, give her the warm fuzzy, then I get to take em off later.... :Sly
Oh boy you're in trouble already........if she get the warm fuzzies wearing your pants you better be checking for prostetic attachments when she takes them off......not to mention your toys are going to an an endangered item once she hitches on.....no more cars, trucks, guns......maybe she'll let you keep the dogs.....she might be a little sympathetic for them to keep you warm when she puts you outside... :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

i had fun with this one :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online