Shop didn’t properly install pressure plate

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Figured out what caused weird clutch action and vibration, shop hadn’t torqued the bolts down correctly...and are those pressure plate bolts supposed to have washers to?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked a parts truck and it doesn’t have washers
You must be registered for see images attach

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have it towed back to that shop and have them pull it and replace everything on their dime. With it being loose it may have cracked the clutch plate...

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got them tightened so I could get it home.

The owner of the shop I took it to in Magnolia spoke with the shop in Katy which had done the bad install and told them what he had discovered. The owner also showed me with a mirror that one of the fingers was jacked and clutch wasn’t engaging flush (was tilted or something)

Katy shop said if anything happened to the truck on the way home after the bolts were tightened up that they’d take care of it. I’m hesitant to take it back, but trying to be fair and allow them a shot to make it correct...and that requires it all be pulled out and inspected

Was surprised that the truck drove like it was in perfect condition on the way back to Katy, still not comfortable with any of the stuff being torqued correctly now...at least the rear main seal they installed isn’t leaking

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance