Shocks and Suspension

Adam M

Reaction score
I was under my truck last night changing the oil and realized (also from the noticeable bouncy-ness when I go slowly over speed bumps) that my springs are intact but rusty and needing to be changed as do the shock absorbers.
The leaf springs seem like they are good for a while but I will need to replace eventually. Can yall point me into the right direction to the best bang for the buck? The truck is all stock at the moment so I'd like to go for performance. Any ideas?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe you could have a suspension shop re-arch the springs. They could also add an extra leaf for you.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you even have swaybars to begin with, which if you don't you should probably plan on a trip to your local salvage yard for them.

Unless it IS a 4x4, and you actually go off-road. Sway bars limit both clearance and suspension travel.

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you say what your goals are it will be easier to give advice. Obviously 2wd/4wd? Are you eventually going to lift or trying to stay stock height. Looking for maximum payload or plush as possible. There are many ways to approach suspension. I use bilstiens myself but I think the kyb monomax are just as good and cheaper. That's about as much advice as can be given with out any more info as too your goals