Shelf-it visor thing any good?

JRNOLL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand Steelhorse went out of business or stopped making them. Joe

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Is that a custom button panel thingy or did it come with something and you modified it? Looks interesting:sly

It comes with the police interceptor package.;Really

Came off one of our old patrol vehicles and I was the winning recipient of a big pile of electrical junk and a couple of Whelen strobe lightbars. :D

It's still a work in progress but all of the switches will have a function.

Currently controls the aux fuel tank transfer pump and a set of rear scene flood lights.
I'll be moving my fast idle control switch up there this winter and then a few more secret mods to finish off the switch bank.:sly

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Saw this in LMC
http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?item=0

Was wondering if anyone had experience with them, are they any good? I wanted to put some gauges and a cb up above, plus i could have some room since I dont have a console (bench seat)... Would be easier to install them on that shelf rather than the roof too

build quality and visibility are my two main concerns...

I had one on my '86 and thought it very useful. Keep in mind the limitations already mentioned.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one I bought at JC Whitney. It was a handy place to put things, but I got spooked about having all that stuff up there when I read a story about a guy who was killed in a rollover when a pencil he had loose punctured his skull. I took it out. Anything you put in it will become a missile in an accident.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything you put in it will become a missile in an accident.

That is true, I plan on mounting gauges and such with screws , so it wont really be there for a long term storage area as much as short term - maps, food maybe...

I wonder how hard it would be to put latcheable lid on or is there even room?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online