............Shakey 350.............

berniesouthunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there all,
I have a 350 cc 1990, (not the same as my avatar), its got a d60 in there. The truck is new to me, 175000 on the od. The front end shakes as I applie the brakes. I was wondering what you guys thought it could be. This is a new truck to me and I have a little time at work so I thought I would try to find out some info. Ball joints seem to be ok, when I turn the wheel and look at them. No death shake at any speed exept for when I applie the brakes. Maybe brake realated? Is there a good way to really check ball joints? I will look further into this weekend. THX for all your help. Bernie

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
No ball joints on a D60 in 1990: kingpins. Your problem sounds like brake rotor or wheel bearing issue. Pull the brakes off and check them out. Pull the hubs off and inspect your wheel bearings. Repack if necessary and then torque them to spec.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1
rotors and PADS are in order for your truck. warping is generally caused by pads getting too thin and the heat transfer is accelerated.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could also be the track bar bracket being loose. Mine shakes a bit when turning and hitting the brakes when mine is loose.

berniesouthunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brakes and rotors new, It doesnt shake when I am turned slightly to the left or right. I was thinking along the lines of one brake is sticking or possible bearing problems. How do I tighten up a track bar. Thx for the replies. Bernie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online