Sensor?

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
I was digging around under my dash and found this mechanical/ electric type of "sensor" and have no idea what it is. It had duct tape wrapped all around it and had a piece of wood jammed on it keeping a spring compressed. ***

Anyone know what this is?

Pics:

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
It is designed to go on the clutch pedal so when you push the clutch down the spring is compressed and allows you to start. With the spring already compressed or wires clipped and twisted together it allows it to start with or without the clutch pushed and even in gear.

Some folks put a bypass switch on it for a secondary anti theft. Where if you don't push the switch you put as the interrupter then the truck wont start.

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
That's definatly what it is. Now that I know what it is I looked it up in the. Chiton manual to see were it is supposed to go and how it functions. I like the idea of replacing it with a manual switch for theft reasons.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
There are 2 red wires with blue tracers. Those need to be connected to complete the circuit. The interlock mechanism is normally located over the push rod for the clutch master cylinder.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only thing it does is override the starter solenoid signal afaik.

On my truck I added a pushbutton for the starter, key on and starter button n your good to go. My point being if someone knew something about the truck they were trying to steal, they could start it with needle nose pliers even if you added a secret switch :eek:

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
Alright I got the wiring to the clutch interlock switch rewired to the factory configuration and have confirmed it functions however now want to remove the sensor and wire it into a manual switch. The clutch interlock switch has 4 wires going into it (2) wires are red with a blue stripe and the other (2) wires are green with a blue stripe (I believe).

If I replace the sensor with a manual switch what wires go were? Reason I do not want to use the clutch interlock switch is because the piece used to mount it to the pedal is no longer there and I like the idea of a manual switch or button.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
the red/blue wires need to both go to a button that when you push the button it completes the circuit and makes the 2 wires become connected through it.

88IDITurbo

88IDITurbo
Reaction score
the red/blue wires need to both go to a button that when you push the button it completes the circuit and makes the 2 wires become connected through it.

So that covers the (2) red wires w/ blue stripes. How about the (2) green wires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent