Semi-Metallic Brake Shoes

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am having a DEVIL of a time finding semi-metallic shoes for my rear brakes. Yes, I could get riveted organic Raybestos Professionals, but I really would like semi-metallic shoes if they still make them. Which appears like it may be my problem. I used Wagner's catalog to find that part # ANA358AR is a 12x3 semi-metallic severe duty shoe, but I CAN'T FIND ANYPLACE THAT SELLS THE DAMN THINGS!

Raybestos' catalog only lists the organic.

Nor can I find Performance Friction's severe duty shoes for this application. It's almost as if one can only get organic shoes now, and they stopped making anything else. If that's the case, I'm not really OPPOSED to organic, but if anybody knows a place/link for where to come by the semi-metallic shoes, I would be most appreciative, as they do last longer and grip better in cold weather (at least that's what everything I've read says).

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, both of you. I think if anything, I'll try the Centric Severe-Duty shoes. They don't say they're semi-metallic, but they're a good price, and there's a good chance that they ARE semi-metallic.

The Performance Brake website is interesting, I may try that sometime as well.

Also thanks for the thread Jasper, it didn't come up in my searching of the forum because I was only searching the titles for "shoes" I believe. Thanks!!!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Towcat could probably tell you. There was another thread but I can't find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

gandalf

Reaction score
I replaced the rear shoes on my truck about a year ago, or so. I used Wagner ANA 583R. As I recall they were listed as severe duty. Were they semi-metalic? I can't recall. I think I bought them from Rock Auto. The number seems suspiciously similar to your ANA 358AR. I'll include two pictures.

attachment.php
attachment.php

These went onto the '92 F-350 CC Dualie.

Attachments

• DSCF1286.jpg
    DSCF1286.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF9542.JPG
    DSCF9542.JPG
    825.2 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member