Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
I have used a lot of brands of brake parts over the years with varying degrees of success. I also learned many years ago some of the best ways to avoid disappointment is to simply -
1) Ask for and premium pads, shoes, calipers, and drums. (Most parts stores sell 3 different quality levels/price points of parts.) The high end tends to work better, last longer, and stop better.
2) Replace the rotors or drums each time you do a brake job.(Often means you repacked the wheel bearings or replaced them.)
3) If your vehicle is close to or has over 150,000 miles replace the calipers and wheel cylinders. (Assuming they have not been replaced prior.)
4) If your boat or ATV trailer sees much salt air, road salt, sand, salt water, water, or rain. Run disk brakes with stainless - lines, calipers, brackets, and rotors. They will last so much longer.
5) Bleed the brakes after a brake job even if you did not open the system.

I started running DFC’s premiup/top of the line parts on my vehicles 3-4 years ago. https://www.dynamicfriction.com/

First was our 07 Escalade, followed by our 06 F250, followed by our 07 F150. I have the parts for my 88 F250 IDI but due to a father son project, the front brake job has been on hold for a few months. But I am confident I will have similar results.

What I have noticed on all three vehicles so far is -
1) Better and more consistent stopping.
2) Stiffer brake pedal. You thus get more of a feeling of just how hard you are applying the brakes. Vs the old brakes having a little mush/sponge to them.
3) Better wear, they do not wear down as fast.
4) No brake squeak. The pads all come with no squeak pads attached to the back of the brake pads, but I still spray on a little brake squeak for good measure.
5) No bluing on the rotors. The system stops better but does not seem to cause bluing from heat build up on long downhill grades or emergency braking. (Or teenage drivers.)
6) They also tend to include additional hardware like new caliper bolts or brake pad hold downs or pad hold down springs.(vs low end part store stuff like stripped down calipers or just brake pads.)

So if your looking for a néw brake vendor/line to use. I highly recommend DFC’s premium line of brake components and parts. Please note I have not tried their middle of the road or budget lines.

Accidents can be devastating, deadly, and expensive. Premium brake parts are going to cost more. Just remember your family and your friends are worth a lot more than a couple hundred dollars to do that brake job right.

Last edited: