Seems like it all breaks at once

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad:

Up until two weeks ago I was doing some much needed routine maintenance on the 86 F250 in my sig, hoping all I have to do is drop in another POS steering pump. Well, have the truck parked under the tree where the temps were only in the 90s in the shade (by the way, I live in Door County WI which is essentially an island unto it's own. You small town people know that story...) and I got out my parts and tools.

So away to the doctor to get a minor checkup, and when I returned home I had a NASTY headache. What does this have to do with my truck? You will see in a moment.

I grabbed some couch time and woke up later with what was the better half of my left side hurting like a ****. Typical farm kid, shrugged it off and blamed it on something I did and took the afternoon off. Well, long story short, I can still hardly use that arm, it makes some jobs difficult, like changing steering pumps, and trying to figure out why I have at LEAST 4 injectors bubbling up from their bases. I figured the brass washers needed some attention and while I was at it I was going to do the return line. But wouldn't you just figure that a guy needs almost two hands to do a lot of that crap, like grabbing the tree for leverage when torquing bolts and injectors up in increments. So crap. Two full tanks in the mule and no way to run it without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for the 5-0.

Most injectors I've worked on were on a LOT bigger implements that were easier like nobody's business, but these need to be done too.

Any ideas for a gimp like me who needs the beast running and back working? What did ya'll use when you had such miseries?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. In fact, if I can't get this beat up rented mule running, I am tempted to take delivery of a truck all setup for my needs and sell ALL my IDI and Ford parts, as well as that 79 Bronco too. Cooler heads will prevail, but right now I want this thing running.

Thanks,
Fred

And if I DO get enough requests for used Ford equipment I may just clean house before the county makes me anyway. Have gooseneck, will travel!