Seats

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack anyones thread, so I'm going to post this here. The members here seem to be the most active and most knowledgeable, If it's not appropriate please move or delete.
My 89 XLT Lariat xcab has the factory buckets and of course they are a bit worn out and the drivers side has a hole. I really like leather, but spending on super duty seats is out of the question.
I found these from the rear of a mazda mpv van. They look to tilt forward for rear access and they have armrests. Does anyone know of a reason I couldn't adapt them to the slides in my truck? My interior is blue so the gray would be the best non blue match I think.
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/pts/5541907221.html

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only potential problem I can imagine would be if the replacement seat was significantly narrower than your factory seat. I used 05 F150 seats and my old hardware which required drilling two holes in the bottom of each new seat. These seats worked out great for me and look factory.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a custom SC seat deal with some factory buckets on a custom frame on bench seat sliders...

Kinda like this pic...there is a freakin thread somewhere with pics but no clue where it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hope this gives ya some ideas...if you do this any seat can be made to fit ;Sweet

JM7.3CW

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Should've just continued in the other thread.
I'm sure the ideas would be better in one place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing as they are rear seats, I am assuming they aren't on slides so I would need to adapt to my existing bucket seat slides. I'm not a fabricator, so hopefully it would be relatively simple. I will have to check width as the biggest hang up. I will continue looking ford some ford truck seats in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing as they are rear seats, I am assuming they aren't on slides so I would need to adapt to my existing bucket seat slides. I'm not a fabricator, so hopefully it would be relatively simple. I will have to check width as the biggest hang up. I will continue looking ford some ford truck seats in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you can find some decent seats I would also be interested.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of silverado captain seats to mount to the captain seat frame I had from my parts truck. They have the rear access slide forward setup. They were too tall and my head actually hit the ceiling. I ended up just using my parts centurion rear bench

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I did a custom SC seat deal with some factory buckets on a custom frame on bench seat sliders...

Kinda like this pic...there is a freakin thread somewhere with pics but no clue where it is.

attachment.php

Hope this gives ya some ideas...if you do this any seat can be made to fit ;Sweet

JM7.3CW
The seat info is in your babe the blue ox build thread.