Seat Bolt Patterns Bronco vs F-250 80-86?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the reinforcements went on the outside of the body where the weld nuts were. it's not hard to do at all. cut/form the plate, drill the holes, and bolt it all together. done.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plate steel? You can get that at any hardware store, in various thicknesses too - cut and drill to size, bolt underneath the sheetmetal (on the underside of the cab).

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be surprised how thick of material good metal-shear scissors can go through, even the small hand-helt type - forgot what I was trimming last time, but I was amazed mine ("Weiss" brand) actually went through it pretty easy. Now if I can also remember not so much what I cut, but more like where I cut it, as I can't find the darn scissors nowhere and I kinda need 'em now, lol

But for thick stuff you can use power-tools, like die grinders with cutoff wheels, maybe a sawzall with a fine-pitch blade? All depends on what you're trying to cut, but for sheet steel a good pair of metal-shear scissors will work nice unless you have to cut a very long piece, then you gotta use some special equipment.