Seat Bolt Patterns Bronco vs F-250 80-86?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'm replacing my bucket seats and I'm hoping to do a drop in replacement if at all possible. I've come across an inexpensive seat of 86' Bronco buckets in PRISTINE condition and was wondering if these things will be a bolt in replacement?

Anyone? I'm assuming that since the body styles remained close to the same 80-86 I might be in luck. I have a supercab so the bronco buckets would be awesome for read seat access.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your truck already has factory buckets, the Bronco buckets should bolt in. That said, I thought that buckets wasn't a factory option in '84? Are you certain that they're not aftermarket?

I have a set of buckets from a Centurion conversion in my truck, and they bolt to a frame that uses the factory-original bench mount points. The factory bucket mount points are different from the factory bench mount points, so if you have the bench mount points, you will have to drill (and strengthen) new holes for the bucket seats.

Sounds cool, though! I like the Centurion seats, but I admit that a Bronco seat for the passenger's side would be nice for rear access on my extended-cab...

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
would they really have bothered to make different bolt points? I would think that it would be cheaper to install the bolt points for both instead of managing the different cab floor inventories?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The buckets require 4 bolt holes each. A bench seat requires 4 bolt holes total. You would have to do the same thing the factory did. Drill 4 more holes and spot weld a nut and plate assembly under the cab floor. Yes, the outer holes are the same for both.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
If it doesn't, you're no more than drillin' a few holes away with some big bolts and washers. How I put Wrangler seat's in my '92 Bronco.

Adrianspeeder

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The buckets should bolt right in. I have a set out of a Bronco in my truck right now. A buddy scrapped on old Bronco and gave me his seats - which were less faded and less worn than my originals...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya it should be a bolt in if the truck is similar in year. I have found that the 80-86 Bronco buckets bolt patterns are completely different than 87-90. (Dont ask me how I know) I am not certain about the 91-96 if it is different than the previous model as I have not come across a set yet!

That being said I suspect that the truck years would be similar 80-86 and 87-90 so good luck.

I am going to try a set out of a later 90's Explorer with full power and lumbar and side inflation bladders! Uber comfort for the POS Custom Bronco I have not like the GF's Posh Eddie Bauer model.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Did your truck originally have buckets? B/c I'm going from bench to buckets. Either way these should work fine methinks. If nothing else it's welding a plate on the floor and a nut for the base in the middle and the console.

Only problem? They're blue velour :)

The buckets should bolt right in. I have a set out of a Bronco in my truck right now. A buddy scrapped on old Bronco and gave me his seats - which were less faded and less worn than my originals...

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of seats, I have a question, but don't think it deserves a special thread about it - has anyone lifted their seat? I have a bench seat and I'd really like it like 3" higher than whee it sits now, I was about to add some 3x2 steel square pipe under the sliders but I realized the front bolts are not vertical though the floor, but rather almost horizontal - looks like I'll have to make some plates to lift the front, then use the square tubing for the rear, possibly weld the plates to the tubing too? Any other ideas or suggestions?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Well I've found aftermarket seats that have their own mounting brackets for my truck, but the whole thing is like 900.00 bucks. There's a local dude that's giving me Bronco seats for free so I'll have to see how that works out - maybe I'll get lucky and just have to drill a couple of holes.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a set of EB buckets out of a Bronc installed in the ugly green truck. only one hole lined up from the bench holes. the rest were drilled and reinforced. very comfortable seats. too bad the rest of the truck body was massaged to death by death by cattle fiending for stale "hostess" snack products.

Attachments

• 20-12-05_1339.jpg
    20-12-05_1339.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20-12-05_1340.jpg
    20-12-05_1340.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9
  • 20-12-05_1341.jpg
    20-12-05_1341.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20-12-05_1342.jpg
    20-12-05_1342.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 8
  • sfmeet09.jpg
    sfmeet09.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 9

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
How did you reinforce? Assuming I'll need to do the same?

i have a set of EB buckets out of a Bronc installed in the ugly green truck. only one hole lined up from the bench holes. the rest were drilled and reinforced. very comfortable seats. too bad the rest of the truck body was massaged to death by death by cattle fiending for stale "hostess" snack products.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just put in thicker pieces of metal. each was drilled and formed for the floor contour. the thickness doesn't have to be obscene, but you are your own judge for safety. if you not a "big guy" the reinforcement doesn't need to be that thick. I fall into the "big guy" category, therefore I used a little thicker metal.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I assume based on the pictures of your mounts that the reinforcement is under the carpet? Or did you have to manufacture the angled mounts as well?