Seal rear window?

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
The rear window of the cab has a gap in between where the two windows should meet. The gap is about an inch wide, and sometimes lets water in when it rains. I sealed it with some aluminum tape, but I want to know what I need to get it to seal properly.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be two black trim pieces on the ends of the glass with a closure latch... if that's MIA, that explains your gap.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They used that same window going all the way back to '73, and up to '96 (and '97 on the F350 and REAL F250). And of course, if you don't intend to actually open the slider, there's the option of a solid window, usu. cheaper and MUCH less likely to leak.

Give us at least a ball park of where you're located; might be a nearby member who can help you. We have two complete sliders decommissioned, that we're thinking of selling.

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
They used that same window going all the way back to '73, and up to '96 (and '97 on the F350 and REAL F250). And of course, if you don't intend to actually open the slider, there's the option of a solid window, usu. cheaper and MUCH less likely to leak.

Give us at least a ball park of where you're located; might be a nearby member who can help you. We have two complete sliders decommissioned, that we're thinking of selling.
Down in Kentucky

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot, if you were closer (WI), I'd sell you one of mine for cheap. I'd say start with the nearby junkyards - http://www.car-part.com , search based on all the years. There's always more older trucks in the boneyards down there than up here.