Scout looks like.....a scout AGAIN!! =)

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Thank goodness you didn't put a small block chevy in her. Eason

see as much as i enjoy working on it, i like driving it, if i went that route it'd be permanetely garage bound.... :puke: my friends and i consider any form of GM powertrain swap in a scout "****** a scout". it's unwillingly shoving an unwanted piece of trash is a sacred and fragile area which should only have clean shiny IH things shoved into it....cookoo i know....

it REALLYYY gets under my skin when i hear "i swapped a 350 in it because it was cheaper and easy to find parts for....":puke:-cuss i can find ANY and EVERY part needed for a gas IH motor, granted it won't be behind the counter, chrome and $0.25, but it's reasonable. i can make a BONE STOCK 345 run circles aroung a 350 (power/torque wise, IH's are slow, no getting around that!! :rotflmao). ok rant over or i won't be able to sleep..LOL

-Jon

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
see as much as i enjoy working on it, i like driving it, if i went that route it'd be permanetely garage bound.... :puke: my friends and i consider any form of GM powertrain swap in a scout "****** a scout". it's unwillingly shoving an unwanted piece of trash is a sacred and fragile area which should only have clean shiny IH things shoved into it....cookoo i know....

it REALLYYY gets under my skin when i hear "i swapped a 350 in it because it was cheaper and easy to find parts for....":puke:-cuss i can find ANY and EVERY part needed for a gas IH motor, granted it won't be behind the counter, chrome and $0.25, but it's reasonable. i can make a BONE STOCK 345 run circles aroung a 350 (power/torque wise, IH's are slow, no getting around that!! :rotflmao). ok rant over or i won't be able to sleep..LOL

-Jon

thats right i'm the same way;Sweet I-H diesel's all the way:rock::cheers::backoff

Pearl_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

-Jon
YESSSSS:backoff:hail

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score

-Jon

that is exactly my biggest pet peeve with 40's-50's ford trucks... why do you put an SBC into a vintage ford....sacrilege... and when i see that i always immediately walk away....i think an scout is a perfect truck for an idi swap;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
....i think...i think... i think i love you guys! hahaha:rotflmao ;Sweet (most other forums i get, ohh but blah blah blah, then they stone me... LOL)

IH POWER ALL THE WAY!!! :backoff;Sweet
-Jon

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
not to rain on the parade but how are you planning on keeping the tires covered so its legal in PA?

apparently around here since people have actually slowed down and revenue is down the local LEO's have been harrassing the 4x4's more and more for equipment violations (not just the obvious ones either)

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
not to rain on the parade but how are you planning on keeping the tires covered so its legal in PA?

apparently around here since people have actually slowed down and revenue is down the local LEO's have been harrassing the 4x4's more and more for equipment violations (not just the obvious ones either)

eh, we'll see how much of the 37's are covered, if there's an issue i'll get flares....:puke:

-Jon

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
my 89 xj has 1/2 ton chevy under it i hate flares, i just run mud flaps up in the finders just enff to cover the tires;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
bushwhacker carries a molded set for a scout. i just realllllly don't want to add anymore holes than necessary to the fenders...:puke:

-Jon

RedTruck

Reaction score
If you put flares on it I think you should put a Midas grill on it...orange with black flares and Midas grill. Man I miss Scouts! You and your project make it ******* us Scout guys at heart with a family! Great looking project.

Paul

On edit:

There has been more and more talk about glueing body parts on...I wonder if this could be an option for your flares.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
bad, nasty girl, i think she's gonna have an attitude, nothing a right foot beating won't take care of! LOL

midas grill? i'm not sure what u mean i don't recall seeing a different grill on a midas edition? any pics??? :confused: eh i'll leave the glue for paper and deep cuts... :rotflmao

haha, i was actually thinking of putting a actual tractor engine in it but either they were wayyyy too slow or wayyyy too big! cookoo

-Jon cookoo