SCORE! Hypermax Turbo kit, somone here needs to get it!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...007QQitemZ170164199128QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Alright now for me posting the auction link somone please give me ideas as to whats wrong with my red truck. ;Sweet ;p
I can't see in pic or either don't know what I'm looking for on a Hypermax, but is that thing gated or non-gated?
I never seen Hypermax setup except pics.
I should get somebody here to go thru a "roadmap" of that pic....I'm not for sure I recognize what everything is & for sure where it goes in the pic.
If that thing is in any shape at all it ought'd be worth that.....or not??
I should make a try for it...I been looking at another '90 NA.

It'll be bidding up round a gizillion$$ by Nov 4th though, be my luck.

Anybody here know how this Hypermax compares/should compare to my ATS nongated?

7.3shrk

Okay, I just bid on it - now if I could really just get it for 250!!!!!!!!!!1

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulse turbo kit with the cowl induction add-on. ;Sweet Not wastegated of course. No Hypermax kits ever are, as their stand on performance is low back presure and unlimited boost.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
gonna keep an eye on it anyways, my sis just got a powersmoke i want to keep up with:D

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Pulse turbo kit with the cowl induction add-on. ;Sweet Not wastegated of course. No Hypermax kits ever are, as their stand on performance is low back presure and unlimited boost.
Cowl induction add-on. OK that clicked, I see it now. Thanks
Curious, still trying to understand more about turbos. I look at searched OB'er & Googled turbo info, A/R's, turbo maps,...clear as mud! Learning Latin be easier!

Hypermax setup any good on low end?
Like I say, my ATS is hi-end. Pulling loaded it smothers till 21-2200, then look out, surge & G's kick in & it'll drag your eyes round to your ears!:rotflmao

I wonder where my ATS a/r #'s be? Wonder about this Hypermax #'s too.
Must have too much time on my hands, cause I wonder a lot, don't I.:confused:

But I've decided I'm tired of feeling stupid...it's a challenge. I'm gonna someday understand turbos, IP, etc etc, more than I do now!!! I will. I will. I will!!!

7.3shrk, you can go for it....I'm out. Wifey caught me considering it....she didn't buy "Can't I look long as I don't touch??""
grrrrrr:confused: :mad:

7.3shrk

I already bid at 300 - cant go much more. I just hope my wifey doesn't catch me looking at it or else I might be sleeping in my truck! (That's why I do it when she is not around)

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
I already bid at 300 - cant go much more. I just hope my wifey doesn't catch me looking at it or else I might be sleeping in my truck! (That's why I do it when she is not around)
yeah, well....when she catches me lookin at EBay, I might as well get caught looking at puter-net *****:eek: :eek:
no good thinking bout sleeping in truck, I'd have to move out of the county!!!

7.3shrk

yeah, well....when she catches me lookin at EBay, I might as well get caught looking at puter-net *****:eek: :eek:
no good thinking bout sleeping in truck, I'd have to move out of the county!!!

Ebay and summitracing are about the equivalent to **** around our house!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ttman, I think if you want wastgegated you need to find a Banks Sidewinder or maybe an ATS factory turbo. I like the non gated. I see some difference around town, but I really never missed having the turbo when I was N/A until I got a big load or tried to keep up with highway traffic. Now, neither of those are a problem AND I still might have room to play on the fuel screw, but I'm going to wait and see what my EGTs are with my boat and/or a real big load of wood before I do that. Don't want to have to watch the pyro like a hawk. Around here, you best watch the road or you're gonna kill somebody! Plus I don't yet have backlighting.....

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
ttman, I think if you want wastgegated you need to find a Banks Sidewinder or maybe an ATS factory turbo. I like the non gated.
Part of my problem is "that's just it, I don't know" because I never drove any turboed rig that was gated, small, or even large semi diesels.

Heck, till 3-4 yr ago when I took couple diesel & related classes at local J.College, I didn't even know that there was variable vane turbos out-'n-about. I've seen gated ones before & knew what they were & for. Seen twin turbo set-up on diff. things & for diff. applications.

I always felt I was kinda wrench inclined, but thought I'd "Go to school & get learned-up some on rigs like mine," so I went to school. I got learned alright!
First & importantest thing I learned from teacher was "Yeah, those really old rigs, like your IDI, yeah, well we'll probably touch on them little here in class, don't hardly anybody drive them anymore....":dunno :dunno

2nd thing I learned was everything is electronic & computerized today, & that's all they wanted to teach....everytime we pulled a rig in to work on or ck out, even cking the muffler bearings, it was "well get the meter out & ck the resistance across & between bearing & race......" :dunno

3rd thing was....I was too old, slow, dumb to be modern day wrencher!!

4th was what I already knew....takes yr of experience to know anything, even on older rigs. & there's no way I could own a newer electronic'ed rig!

5th thing was....always remember these faces of 40+classmates. If me or wifey ever put a rig in shop & see one of those faces, do a fast mental recall to see if it is 1 of the 3 that actually knew anything out of the 40+ ASE Certified Mechanics that graduated & now working on my & your car.....

(I know I'm being sarcastic, but I get tired putting car in shop, they put inexperienced tec on it to fix, yet he's still learning....fix everything with new parts +labor thru process of elimination & learning....& meter still running. My $$$$meter)

Actually were 2 teachers doing the Associates program, both older than me, & been mechanicing all their lives.
I had mine in one night & teacher asked "where's your w/gate? All turbos have to be gated, they won't run without one...":dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online

No members online now.