School me on Blocks

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Okay, first, My engine is running great, just like new, but Since i'm going to be pulling it out and using it in my project, I was thinking about going through it, just so it's 100% when it goes in the tremor.
If I Sleeve all 8 holes, am I free of the Cavitation monster forever?
What's the deal with Jasper blocks? are they sleeved?
I Notice that Exiekiel has the ;Pissed in his sig next to where he mentions Jasper.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you won't be free of cavitation forever. But, you'll delay it considerably...if you resleeve the block and religiously use DCA (or a diesel-rated ELC :angel: ), you lower your chances by a LOT. Or, if you don't mind the loss in displacement, you can get sleeves that are thick enough that you can use 6.9l pistons. You would then have the best of both worlds...the 6.9l is far less prone to cavitation than the 7.3l (because the walls are stiffer due to the thickness, and more importantly, because there's more metal for the "block worm" to go through), but you'll still have the 1/2" head bolts (or, better yet, upgrade to studs). I believe turbo69 did this and was very happy with the end result. IIRC, on a naturally aspirated engine, the power difference is negligible.

EZ has a Jasper rebuild with a warranty, and from what I gather, Jasper's been very reluctant to honor the warranty in spite of a clear problem with his engine existing. I don't remember the details, though; you'll need to ask him.

If you want to rebuild and want some power, you might want to talk to Ken at DPS... :D

Just some thoughts :)

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, The Warden has made my day! I like the idea of rebuilding a 7.3 with 6.9 sized pistons... I just might go pick-n-pull me a 7.3 block some time :love:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got a jasper complet turbo drop in motor in my 94.ran great when i bought thetruck 3 years ago,but thanx to the retarded emissions test where they hold it on the floor at WFO it has a skip and a tick i cant find.other than that the engines been great. ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.