Saginaw swap

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got this pump and adapter but I'm really not wanting to cut this bracket, I've read for hours online there was a really good write up started and it just stopped after 6 pages. I'm frustrated with research... I know it's terrible but I've been thinking about cutting up my freshly powder coated bracket and trying to plate it but then there's the problem with the pulleys. I have a bunch from the junkyard but I'd have to cut the bracket and then figure it out. I hate to start a new thread on this but I've literally spent hours trying to figure it out...

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless someone has an idi van bracket because I would gladly buy it. A guy down the road has at least 10 idi engines from vans and ambulances and every single one has a Ford pump...

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's one of those at the pick n pull now. I'll check out their tech page. They have some idi write ups?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
No it is an OBS 7.3 Powerstroke. I believe the poster was got4wd. He is somewhat of an innovator. He is on his 3rd or 4th ps pump set up. He has a 6.0 ps pump on a van bracket I believe. Lot of good ps pump swap info.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So he's using the PSD bracket but it's different mounting than the idi right? I wish someone just made that freaking bracket like the one on the 20-6244!

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was feeling froggy and thought I would just call AutoZone and take the chance, they had a 20-6244 in stock!! Getting the bolt in pump, thank goodness!

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut my c2 mount and added parts from some GM Saginaw mount, but the shaft is too short on the Saginaw, never found out if I could get a different one easily. I've been using it with a bolt helping hold the pulley on for thousands of miles just fine until recently. Got a slow leak somewhere, last time it was the old return hose broke from age.

Going to try and find ans figure out the van bracket, would love a saginaw and ac or air compressor above it semi-truck.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been planning on comparing a GM bracket and C2 bracket and seeing if I can get something made up, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm strongly considering not building an old style Saginaw bracket but building one for either a "type 2" Saginaw pump or something like the 6.0 pump that uses a remote reservoir.

The only problem for some of y’all is I have V belts and intend to keep them so that leaves out the serpentine croud.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem for some of y’all is I have V belts and intend to keep them so that leaves out the serpentine croud.

Yea man, I'm serpentine. I've got to figure something out. I'm not putting that weak pump back on. They ended up crossing that Cardone pump over to a 4 cyl Mustang one... So I didn't end up getting it.

I cut my c2 mount and added parts from some GM Saginaw mount, but the shaft is too short on the Saginaw, never found out if I could get a different one easily. I've been using it with a bolt helping hold the pulley on for thousands of miles just fine until recently. Got a slow leak somewhere, last time it was the old return hose broke from age.

Going to try and find ans figure out the van bracket, would love a saginaw and ac or air compressor above it semi-truck.
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of how you modified it would you? I've got that sag pump but I'm kinda worried about how much of the bracket I have to cut

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online