Saginaw swap

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the bolt pattern? Is it the c2?

I believe he was replying to my statement about possibly making a mount. The 6.0 pump mounts completely different from the c2. The C2 mounts from the front and the 6.0 pump mounts from the side.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Yes the 4 center water pump bolts go through to the timing gear area. Sealing them keeps oil from seeping out under the bolt head. Check your bolt lengths carefully and remember. these bolts are going into stamped in “nuts” in the plate. Torque is 14 ft lbs.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok
Yes the 4 center water pump bolts go through to the timing gear area. Sealing them keeps oil from seeping out under the bolt head. Check your bolt lengths carefully and remember. these bolts are going into stamped in “nuts” in the plate. Torque is 14 ft lbs.
Ok great that's what I thought just got done!

You must be registered for see images attach

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pics somewhere on here, you can look up my threads...

Didnt cut much of the c2 mount. I think I just notched it a bit for clearance. Most of the magic was using the GM Saginaw bracket as a sacrificial lamb. I reused one c2 bolt hole, and used the bracket from gm to attach two other spots. I need to see if we can get a longer shaft on the Saginaw, then make a bracket for the back and it would be bulletproof. Right now its janky but been working great. Got a double v pulley on it I reused from the c2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Staff online