SAE#2 interchangability???

defecater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking for a DT360 for a swap project- best souce seems to be buses, but it seems that they by far mostly used allison automatics in the buses I have been seeing for sale in my immediate area. I am wanting to run a Spicer 3053A 5 speed, so I would prefer to find a manual transmission equipped bus so it will have the clutch components and SAE#2 bellhousing adapter already. heres my questions-

By any chance, would the adapter from the DT360 to the allison automatic work for the adapter I would need for my Spicer 5 speed??

The guy that is selling me the Spicer 5 speed will throw in the clutch components from the military 2.5 ton truck that the tranny came out of (white/hurcules engine I believe??) would these components work on the DT360??

I feel stupid asking these questions, but what little I do know of medium duty components is that interchangability was an important consideration, so I thought there might be a chance that they could work together.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
I am replacing my Allison AT545 on the back of my T444E with a Fuller 6 speed from behind a DT466E. The Allison uses an adapter ring about 1" thick to connect it to the flywheel cover/engine mount in the truck. I would imagine the DT360 is the same way once you take the Allison & adapter ring off. Then the bellhousing bolts up to the flywheel/engine cover.

defecater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you better call the scat police....:puke:

I have no idea what that means, but judging by the little puke guy, I guess you dont approve of my project. Anyway, thanks for dropping by and spending some valuable time doing nothing herecookoo

Dakota Diesel

Reaction score
Since medium duty mostly used SAE housings,rig yourself a caliper to rough measure the assembly of the two you are swapping if they are close ,it's a good chance they are the same SAE size,often Allison used a converter ring to change to a SAE #2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7