Sad news

1MrChristopher

New kid
Reaction score
Hadn't even had my truck two months. Last Sunday AM around 11, I rolled off the edge of small logging road up in the Colville National Forest. I have a compression fracture of my T5 Vertebrae (right inbetween the shoulder blades). I'm still in a world of hurt, but even worse I'm completely heartbroken at the loss of my truck.

Here are a few pictures of her remains:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Even though I'd only had a diesel Ford for a short time, I'm completely hooked. It may take me a while to save up, but I will be getting another, and it has to have the 6.9 or the 7.3. What's left of my present truck I'm going to put in a local auction, I don't have anyplace to store the engine otherwise I'd pull it, it's still in great shape.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy cow man.sorry to here about this.i hope you a speedy recovery and hope you get another diesel soon.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the frame isn't twisted, I have a few bodies looking for a good frame to live on. Looks like the truck cab did a good job protecting you from worse. I've seen many older domestically produced trucks get their cabs beat up bad from rollovers but the roofs never crushed in completely. the import mini trucks and the newer domestics.....I have seen some really ugly fatals from those.

1MrChristopher

New kid
Reaction score
Pretty sure the frame is straight, though the transmission may well be toast (automatic) I don't have the transferred title yet so it'll be sitting for a few weeks yet.

If the frame isn't twisted, I have a few bodies looking for a good frame to live on. Looks like the truck cab did a good job protecting you from worse. I've seen many older domestically produced trucks get their cabs beat up bad from rollovers but the roofs never crushed in completely. the import mini trucks and the newer domestics.....I have seen some really ugly fatals from those.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Yea,that won't be too bad to fix if the frame and running gear is good.6 bolts,a few miles of wire,steering column and a couple redneck friends and your body is off.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say that at least it did a good job of protecting you from a fatal injury. Trucks can be replaced, but like the other guys say it looks salvageable.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Its too bad about the truck, but still, its just a truck. What's important is that you're OK. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
WOW Welcome to the site sorry to hear of the loss, but you are going to make it. Look at the bright side you now have a great parts truck!!;Sweet

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear that! Glad you're ok, though. I know all about those spine injuries. When I was 19 I rolled a car and crushed my 2nd lumbar. After a lot of work and pain, I got pretty much back to normal. You'll be enjoying the diesel fumes before you know it!

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, glad to hear you came out if it relatively OK, battered & bruised no doubt, but you came through it alive. Trucks can be salvaged or replaced, but people can't.

It looks like your truck was a 2WD? If so, I have one that is almost identical to it. Mine's an 86, 2WD, 6.9, C6 - and it just so happens that I am just about ready to sell it, now that my other truck is pretty much done.

I'd really like to see her go to a good home, and coincidentally, I will be driving it to Spokane at the end of the month towing my Jeep - so I could possibly even deliver it!

Send me a PM if you are interested.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
wow, must have been pretty scary. Glad nothing too horrible happened, hopefully the back heals up alright.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch! That truck will live again, even if it's just the pieces in other peoples rigs. I hope you can resurect it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
sorry to hear of your bad fortune, but like others have echoed at least you are hear to write about it.

why not just cut the top off and make a wheeling rig with a cage:D