Running WMO now....

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Running my first batch. About 80 miles and havent noticed any problems. Truck idles a touch faster now, and seems to smoke a bit more. I'm sure my timing is off and i'm going to get a pyro soon to watch egts...

5 hours works out to about 20.7 passes through the 'fuge... :D

Think it's clean enough?

You must be registered for see images attach

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Don't have any of those.... The fuge didn't have the layer of gunk i thought it would. It deffinatley is taking dirt out, but i was expecting like 1/8" of buildup...:D

I've got another batch of oil filtered (12 times) and ready for k-1...

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now wait a minute, you guys using K-1, I thought it was put in the wmo and then run through the CF.
To thin it down and pull out more stuff.
Just making sure so if I get some K-1, I do it the way it works best.
I have this habit of dumping stuff in & asking questions later.cookoo

Matrix37495,
The last time I ran my mixture it seemed like it had a little more smoke after start up, and come to think about it seemed like my high idle was a little more "higher":dunno
thanks for the info, I like hearing how others are doing with wmo.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Yea you gotta get your viscosity right to get full affect for the fuge. You can heat WMO and get there or add kero or diesel or rug etc... To get the right viscosity.
Running room temp WMO thru the fuge without thinning it out leaves a ton of room for issues. For fun run your fuge with just room temp WMO at 90 psi. Notice the hum of the fuge. Then heat the oil to 150'ish and listen to that fuge just scream. :)

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I did notice it was very quiet, so I let the drum sit in the sun for a few hours and it really picked up speed... :D

The second batch i filtered right out of the engine, so it was nice and warm... :)

Brad, I filtered the oil, then added the RUG and K-1, then just pumped it through the bypass to mix it.... The second batch was more than worm enough to filter, so it is getting the same treatment... :)

The old gal is smoking more (or i just didnt notice, i havent' been driving my diesel due to fuel costs...), but i'm not too worried... Really do need to get my timing set though...might play with it some tomorrow...

We need some stickers for us WMO guys... something about being true "oil burners" :D

sassyrel

Reaction score
why advertise that your driving a vehicle on the road without out paying tax?

.................................................................it IS,federally legal,,to burn any and all,,wmo you create,,thru your truck..........

wmoguy

Reaction score
.................................................................it IS,federally legal,,to burn any and all,,wmo you create,,thru your truck..........

please do share official documentation of where you found this to be accurate

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of that part....
You must be registered for see images attach

I hope they dont dip my tank...cause my fuel is BLACK.....

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be legal with the road tax I figured you would have to send in the amount of tax for the amount of "fuel" you were using, for instance only, math/tax rate not accurate. 10 gallons used .10 cents per gallon = $1 of tax to send in.
That was figuring only the state tax, I suppose to be legal you would need to figure federal tax too.?.?:dunno
Still haven't done this, need to do more research. What I'm afraid of, a person starts to ask questions, to the state road tax people, and they say something like, "why how long have you been using this fuel, we need back road fuel taxes"
Sorry Matrix37495 don't want to hijack, just wanted to add.

dieseldonn

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm new to this forum but not to burning oil. I have been making alt fuel for years. I to run a centifuge. I mix my cleaned oil 50/50 with pump dino. This way i pay tax on the fuel i run.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
No problem Brad. You're still adding as far as i'm concerned.

dieseldonn, if thats true, i did pay tax on the RUG and K-1...That's only 2.6 gal though.

Need to look up more info about this...

dieseldonn

Reaction score
Check out this out. Paragraph 1 on page 3 explains a 400gal per quarter rule and is defined as "minor blending." From reading it, my understanding is that a fuel blend is legal to use on the road IF part of the blend is previously taxed. So a blend of pump diesel and (wmo, atf, wvo etc) is legal.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2001/aprqtr/pdf/26cfr48.4081-1.pdf

I mix all my fuel 50/50 so i have more then half with tax. I'll keep looking but i thought i found somewhere that if diesel had any waste added it was no long called fuel. Let me keep searching.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online