Running rough and smoking

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Good news on what you found but.. The big question is why this has happened twice on the same rocker bolt. Did the tap show any material when you cleaned up the threads. Might has been a good idea to have used some blue loctite on that rocker bolt. Its a 5/16 bolt and the torque is 27 lbs I think... I could be of on the torque.. Don't have my shop manual to refer to. Both of them are loaned out...:angel:

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news on what you found but.. The big question is why this has happened twice on the same rocker bolt. Did the tap show any material when you cleaned up the threads. Might has been a good idea to have used some blue loctite on that rocker bolt. Its a 5/16 bolt and the torque is 27 lbs I think... I could be of on the torque.. Don't have my shop manual to refer to. Both of them are loaned out...:angel:

Well it didnt really do it twice. its just that when I assembled the motor, that rocker was loose, I thought it was just a lifter that wasnt pumped up because it tightened up when I cranked over to build oil psi.

The tap had a little junk on it, but not much.
I havent put the valve cover on yet, so I can still and will loctite it.

I checked all the others and they were tight.

And I believe the torque is 20ft lbs IIRC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online