Ruh roh....Might have to update my signature again!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Took the lil trip this weekend to Lexington,Ky and Hickory,NC.Other than getting lost in hill billy hell the first part went great.Saturday when I got up and drove to the show I though I noticed the truck running a little rougher than normal.It has always had a little stutter at idle since it had zero miles.Well I didn't think nothing of it.Left the show and it was more pronounced.Again,I ignored it thinking maybe some bad gas since i had just filled up.about 6 or 7 miles after leaving I felt the truck vibrating pretty good at a high pitch.I though it was a tire failing or the road surface(I did have 1000plus in the bed!).Hit the clutch and it went away.Ruh roh.Looked at the dash and there it was.The light I have never seen lit before on this truck except for key on Diagnostic test.Yep,The evil little engine line art deal.Had a dead miss now at idle.Accellerating it bucks and shacks and chugs.I found that there was a sweet spot per say.As the RPMs increased I could give it more throttle and it wouldn't skip.Would run perfectly.But if I went over the line it would have a low toned roar out the tail pipe.I had it checked 30 miles into the trip home at Advance auto and it had 7 Codes.Miss on 2,Miss on 6,intermitent miss,and something about miss under 1000 revs.Hope I still have the old coil pack.It was still good when I replaced it 15K ago.I just changed it cause the new one I got was MUCH hotter allowing me to open the Gap up a mile and get better MPG. Also I noticed that if I shut the truck off for 5 minutes it will skip no matter what throttle possition or RPM it is at for a few miles.Then it will do the sweet spot deal.Really freaking sucked when I came up on a wreck that shut down I85.2 miles in 2 hours.I definatly need a clutch now!!!!After all that I burned it out too.It was chattering loudly When I pulled onto my street.Oh well.I got double what most people get out of a factory original Ford clutch.